Vice President, Drama Programming and Development
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Drama Programming and Development will be responsible for contributing to the creative strategy for Fox Entertainment. This role will supervise the development of new scripted content, from concept to series, as well as oversee all aspects of production for new and returning shows. The Vice President of Drama Programming and Development will be in charge of the overall creative activities related to the tracking, soliciting, procurement, evaluation, development, and oversight of the Network's shows and pilot projects. Additionally, this role will also oversee every aspect of their shows, including taking responsibility for the creative decisions made with producers and all internal departments (casting, marketing, scheduling, research etc.).
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee shows (varying from pilots and series) from creation to airing – casting, directors, music etc.
• Generate creative notes for projects in active development as well as Current series
• Put quality series on the air
• Take and evaluate pitches and scripts for potential development
• Build the seasonal development slate
• Attending staff meetings and reporting the status of shows
• Make sure all departments are working cohesively to make our Programming successful
• Taking general meetings for future development and staffing
• Tracking competitive projects
• Create writer and director lists; Read and evaluate script and DVD submissions
• Staff high-quality writers and directors who are appropriate for Fox
• Mentor junior executives and staff
• Work with diversity department to further the company's goals
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of experience at agency, studio, or network at Director level or above
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Must be able to work out logic to make sure stories track
• Level head, calm personality
• Collaborative nature
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.