FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2023 7:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Transmission Operator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Transmission Operator postings
Full Time Job
Fox News Media is hiring a Transmission Operator in New York. The Transmission Operator is responsible for the audio and video that originates outside of the Fox News Media studio environment. You will ensure that the proper feeds reach the correct destinations in a deadline driven, live news atmosphere. You will multi-task, troubleshoot, and communicate between departments to ensure all parties are aware of any technical issues. The Transmission Operator is a team player who enjoys solving problems and helping others work through complex technical issues in a constantly evolving breaking news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Quickly and effectively troubleshoot live audio/video feeds in order to get them recorded or on air in a constantly evolving breaking news environment
• Work directly with control rooms to ensure remote reporters/guests are ready for air
• Fax-out and troubleshoot home studios and studio vans
• Collaborate with Fox News Media production, engineering, and the Resource Operation Center teams for special events and remote shows
• Book and amend satellite, fiber, IP, and cellular transmission paths
• Ingest and quality control all incoming audio/video feeds
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience working in Transmissions
• Strong understanding of Satellite / Fiber / IP / Cellular transmissions
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team setting
• Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
• Intermediate MS-Windows and Mac computer skills
• Expert knowledge of Audio/Video recording operations
• Flexibility to work some weekend/overnight hours
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $65,500.00-87,500.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.