Technical Production Manager
FoxNew York, NY
Your Future is here! We are looking for a Freelance Technical Production Manager to join our Fox News family. As the Freelance Technical Production Manager, you will manage relationships between both Production's and Operation's internal group to troubleshoot and address technical workflow challenges and implement timely and effective resolutions. The Technical Production Manager has strong organizational and time management skills, has a broad understanding of all the key components of studio and control room environments, and can make difficult decisions under tight time constraints.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide front-line control room support for all technical personnel and work alongside satellite operations, editorial/production staff and other technical operations groups to solve production related issues
• Coordinate studio crews and control room staff; schedule and handle production requests including the overall production budget
• Handle any and all requests including acquisitions, studios, signal flow, satellites, and graphics processes
• Deliver the highest quality of service and maximum resource utilization
• Plan for both large and small scale remote site projects (i.e. elections, full shows on the road)
• Book crews, hotels, and travel arrangements
• Order/ Rent equipment
• Compile a list of technical gear needed, office space, talent requests, makeup, and anything else that production requires
• Travel to/from remote sites, work on-site, and be the lead person for large and small-scale events
• Work closely with producers and directors in planning programs and managing field, studio, and manpower scheduling to minimize costs to the customer and channel
• Work closely with finance managers in preparation of show or facility budgets and expense reporting
• Provide front-line management of staff, facilities, equipment, and technology for a customer-driven production operations group supporting News, Business, and Weather
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of experience as a Technical Production Manager in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with iNews, AZ Edit, ScheduALL, Remote coordination, and Microsoft Excel
• A broad understanding of all key components of studio and control room environments as well as working in the field on different size remote
• Well versed in the operations of all control rooms and studio functions
• Strong organizational skills, good time management skills, leadership capabilities, ability to make difficult decisions under time constraints, and an exceptional ability to stay calm under intense and constant pressure
• Some travel will be required
• Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and overnights
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.