FoxLos Angeles, CA
Fox News is hiring a Freelance Studio Technician to join the Broadcast Engineering division of the LA Bureau. This department is responsible for designing and implementing systems that enable the entire Fox News Los Angeles team to perform their jobs with maximum efficiency and minimal interruption to workflow. The Freelance Studio Technician will be involved in all aspects of facility operations, will run and maintain our various broadcast studios, and will provide on-site support to members of the editorial staff.
Must be available to work 1pm - 9pm or 7pm - 3am (flexibility between these two shifts and weekends required)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Run and maintain various broadcast studios
• Provide on-site support to editorial staff
• Create schematic diagrams of facility systems and analyze those systems to recommend improvements in workflow
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Associate/Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or Broadcast Engineering is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 2 years of technical experience
• Schematic diagram creation and modification using AutoDesk AutoCAD and LucidChart
• Must have strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to troubleshoot a multitude of technical issues including user computer and printer issues, electrical circuit troubleshooting, and field equipment failure diagnosis
• Adobe Premiere and Photoshop experience is preferred
• Experience using 3D design software for the purpose of printing broadcast parts is a plus
• Must be able to move and carry industry equipment;. frequent movement between two floor levels is required
• Must be available to work 1pm - 9pm or 7pm - 3am (flexibility between these two shifts and weekends required)
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.