Studentu Production Assistant
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Freelance StudentU Production Assistant to join their team in Chicago, IL. This is a freelance role to last through May and will offer 40 hours per week.
The StudentU Production Assistant is responsible for ensuring live events streaming on the B1G+ platform meet and exceed production standards for broadcast. You will work closely with a team of quality control operators to communicate and troubleshoot with our 14 Big Ten campuses, helping video coordinators and students to produce quality events and providing them with feedback. This position will report to the Manager of StudentU and will be based out of Big Ten Network's Chicago office.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with quality control operators to ensure B1G+ events meet production standards and monitor games while live to ensure smooth transmission to the platform
• Serve as the first line of defense on event days for troubleshooting any production issues that may arise, working with school video coordinators and students to remotely resolve them
• Communicate and uphold FOX Sports, Big Ten Network and StudentU standards and production guidelines to quality control operators, school video contacts and students
• Review event production notes with quality control operators and communicate feedback to schools.
• Identify great moments during broadcasts and communicate those to the StudentU team and digital media team for featuring on B1G social media accounts, as well as other Big Ten Network linear programming
• Assist StudentU team with creation of production guides and updating record books, rosters, and other materials
• Participate in StudentU team meetings and contribute to weekly communication with programming and transmission departments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of one year experience with the production of live sports for streaming/television
• Working knowledge of production switchers, graphics engines, replay machines, video encoders, and other video production equipment
• Proactive and motivated communicator and leader
• Strong ability to multi-task and perform well in high-paced environments
• Helpful, positive attitude
• Love of sports and knowledge of the teams and student-athletes of the Big Ten conference
• Be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.