FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Stage Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Stage Manager postings
Fox News Media is seeking an experienced Freelance Stage Manager to join our NY Bureau. As the Freelance Stage Manager, you manage the studio floor in a fast-paced news production environment and serve as a primary liaison between the control room, on-air talent, and studio crew. The Freelance Stage Manager provides technical operational support to our studio and control room team.
Must have experience in television studio settings.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up and break down show sets
• Give talent accurate time cues and relay when the show is going into/coming out of commercial breaks
• Be attentive to the changes within a live studio environment and clearly communicate those changes with talent and/or studio crew, when necessary
• Responsible for the upkeep and use of studio microphones and IFB positions in the studio
• Put on and remove all mics and IFBs from hosts and guests prior to and after their appearance
• Work with technical staff to satisfy production needs for live and pre-recorded programming
• Assist on-screen hosts and guests as needed to facilitate production, including data and laptop set-up on set
• Create and distribute show notes to the Stage department and Tech Ops managers
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 3 years of experience in a TV Studio environment
• Experience with Studio Operations
• Proficiency in INews
• Excellent communications and leadership skills
• Ability to read a show rundown
• To be a team player who works well with others in a fast-paced dynamic studio environment
• Ability to work under pressure
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $35.10-43.75 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.