FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Show Director to join our Fox News family and be an integral part of the number one News network in America. As the Director, you plan and direct live and live-to-tape news programs and special events. You also work closely with producers to grow and develop show concepts. We're looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, breaking news control room environment and can anticipate the needs of the editorial team in order to execute effectively.
*Demo reel and director track should be available upon request.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and direct live and live-to-tape news programs and special events
• Consult the producing team to improve the overall quality of the show
• Work with the control room team to execute a high-quality show
• Collaborate with the team to build out all new shows and studios for the network which includes planning, blocking, and launching
• Thrive in a highly competitive environment and want to always win
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years' experience directing live television news & specials
• Know-how to work seamlessly with producers, talent, and technical staff
• Good instincts, creative ideas, strong visual ability and understand when to take risks
• Leadership capabilities and exceptional ability to stay calm under intense and constant pressure
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Flexibility to work all shifts in a 24/7/365 breaking News environment
• Solid knowledge of current events and news of the day
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Technical director skills
• Automation skills
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.