Show Director Dc
This was removed by the employer on 10/23/2023 5:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Show Director Dc jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Show Director Dc postings
We are looking for a Freelance Director to join our Fox News family in DC and be an integral part of the number one News network in America. As the Director, you plan and direct live and live-to-tape news programs and special events. You also work closely with producers to grow and develop show concepts. We're looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, breaking news control room environment and can anticipate the needs of the editorial team in order to execute effectively.
*Demo reel and director track should be available upon request.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and direct live and live-to-tape news programs and special events
• Consult the producing team to improve the overall quality of the show
• Work with the control room team to execute a high-quality show
• Collaborate with the team to build out all new shows and studios for the network which includes planning, blocking, and launching
• Thrive in a highly competitive environment and want to always win
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years' experience directing live television news & specials
• Know-how to work seamlessly with producers, talent, and technical staff
• Good instincts, creative ideas, strong visual ability and understand when to take risks
• Leadership capabilities and exceptional ability to stay calm under intense and constant pressure
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Flexibility to work all shifts in a 24/7/365 breaking News environment
• Solid knowledge of current events and news of the day
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Technical director skills
• Automation skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.