Senior Seo Editor
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Seo Editor, Fox Nation
Fox Nation, the exclusive, members-only content streaming service produced by Fox News Channel, is seeking a Senior SEO Editor to help with search results related to articles and talent searches for Fox Nation.
Fox Nation utilizes articles on FoxNews.com to create awareness of programs, events and specials. A dedicated editorial team provides a steady stream of relevant article content about current programs and offerings on Fox Nation. The team coordinates closely with the production and social team to maximize the reach of these articles on a daily basis. As the Senior SEO Editor, you will work closely with the existing team to ensure articles are constructed and distributed to maximize search reach.
Talent searches and brand searches for Fox News also contribute significantly to visitor volume for Fox Nation. As Senior SEO Editor, you will make sure articles and other published content rank highly for key talent and select brand searches.
You will also analyze metrics, conduct market research and present key takeaways/findings to internal stakeholders. You should be a master multitasker who can work effectively and efficiently while managing multiple projects and supporting other cross-organization initiatives as needed. This is a cross-functional role and will involve interfacing with multiple departments including, but not limited to, ad sales, editorial, product, business intelligence, finance and legal.
You will find success if you are a team player who actively participates in daily discussion on content to publish. You will be expected to attend the daily editorial meeting and assist in selecting what stories to publish. In doing so, you will play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of Fox Nation related content on FoxNews.com.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure articles for Fox Nation are optimized of organic search results
• Create and maintain a target keyword list that guides editorial schedule and topics
• Report on results and analyze organic search patterns for Fox Nation
• Report on organic search traffic and acquisition results
• Work with paid media team to target key Fox News search phrases for better organic ranking and to minimize PPC spend
• Understand the Fox Nation conversion funnel and acquisition tactics and ensure organic search is a part of the acquisition mix
• Leverage newsworthy moments and special events to drive organic visits
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A proven track record for managing organic search programs with a history of increasing user visits
• Experienced and comfortable with reporting on results and working as part of a team
• Minimum of 3+ years of SEO-driven editorial environment
• Experience capitalizing on SEO preferably in a breaking news environment
• Experience covering news (entertainment, sports and/or hard news) at a high-performance level and a desire to become a part of an integrated audience-first editorial team
• Basic understanding of technical SEO and familiarity with major search engine publications
• Excellent planning and coordination skills and the ability to fairly and consistently direct editors towards the appropriate keywords
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate keyword optimization ideas to individual editors
• Keyword research skills to leverage around major events, daily news, and evergreen content
• Basic understanding of customer conversion tactics, measurement and strategies
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• A bachelor's degree is awesome but not required
• Experience with a media/news company is strongly preferred but not required
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.