FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Producer, The Bottom Line With Dagen & Duffy
Fox Business Network is looking for a sharp, strong, hardworking, creative, and confident Senior Producer to join The Bottom Line with Dagen & Duffy. As the Senior Producer you will be responsible for crafting the show from inception to execution. You must have impeccable editorial skills and a vision for the show before you walk into work. You're someone who is full of original ideas and thrives on the respectful exchange of those ideas in a collaborative editorial environment. You must be a strong, natural leader who can rally a team behind you in high-pressure situations. You are someone who loves making great television, is willing to work harder than anyone else to make it happen, and never settles for less.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set the editorial standard at the beginning of each day by building a show with original guests/topics/ideas
• Oversee bookers by offering suggestions and ensuring the right guests are secured
• Participate in editorial decisions for content for the show - day of and future
• Guide the production of segments throughout the day
• Take the lead in the control room while monitoring/reacting to breaking news
• Plan future shows/segments in anticipation of high-profile events
• Manage and develop Line Producers, Segment Producers, Writers and Production Assistants
• Ability to manage strong personalities, including talent
• Cooperate and communicate with anchors and producing team to make sure they are receiving the necessary research and elements
• Coordinate staffing, schedules and time cards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 4 years of Line Producing (or similar) experience and degree in Journalism (or related field)
• Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
• Experience overseeing teams of writers, AP's, assignment editors and producers
• Strong interest/knowledge of current events and politics
• Passion for storytelling with a strong creative drive; willingness to take risks
• Proven track record of leadership and the ability to create an environment that fosters teamwork
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
• Understanding of audience analytics and strategies for ratings growth
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.