Senior Producer, Politics
Full Time Job
Fox News Media is looking for Senior Producer, Politics, to join their team in Washington, D.C. As the Senior Producer, Politics, you will assist in leading Fox News Media's planning and implementation of an overall strategy for political coverage. You will help the network build relationships within the political world and assist with introducing candidates to all of Fox News Media. Additionally, you will also ensure that a coverage plan is in place for all political events leading up to and through an election cycle.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build contacts, network, and foster relationships with current and prospective candidates and their staff; state and national parties and political PACs with the goal of putting Fox News Media in the most powerful political position when it comes to securing candidate interviews and major events
• Keep a rolling list of rising stars within both political parties, building contact lists to provide easy access for Fox staff/executives to reach out as needed.
• Work with the Senior Executive Producer of Politics and Washington Bureau Chief to set up off-the-record meetings with key political figures, Fox executives, and talent both in NY and D.C.
• Oversee the political calendar, making sure key events are listed and easily visible to all departments
• Oversee daily communication with all stakeholders at Fox News Media about ongoing coverage plans
• Track upcoming candidate visits to key primary states, working with the NY desk and bureaus to determine the scope of coverage and develop story pitches for approval when applicable
• Attend political events and conferences with the goal of raising the visibility of Fox News Media and our political coverage
• Be familiar with political fundraising dates and work to secure fundraising numbers, outpacing our competition
• Research and keep up-to-date on issues impacting the political campaign, including latest candidate ad strategies; sending pitches when applicable
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 10 years' experience in television
• Experience covering campaigns and elections
• Experience coordinating large special events for television
• Strong editorial judgement and writing skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree