Senior Producer, Fnc Weekends
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking and creative Senior Producer to join our news team. We are looking for a natural leader, a proven go-getter and someone who can rise to the occasion under the stressful demands of cable news. As the Senior Producer, you have excellent editorial judgment, can put together compelling segments and shows and have breaking news experience.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in editorial decisions for content for the show – day of and future
• Set the editorial and production standards and provide leadership in the newsroom
• Manage team, which includes overseeing the Senior Booker, Line Producer, Writers, Elements Producer and Production Assistant
• React to breaking news and ensure the right content is getting on the air as news happens
• Oversee research packets and facts for day of air
• Mentor and develop show staff including Line Producers, Writers, Bookers and Production Assistants
• Work hands-on with anchors and reporters making sure they are receiving the necessary research and elements needed to ensure the best show on a daily basis
• Work with members of the team to share content as well as pitches and ideas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 8 years of newsroom experience and producing / line producing a television newscast
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills as well as the ability to create an environment that fosters teamwork
• Decisive and skilled management of a control room is required
• You must be detail-oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
• Knowledge and passion for current events and politics is essential
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
• Proven track record of leadership and newscast ratings growth
• Experience with talent management
• Degree in Journalism or related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.