Senior Homepage Editor
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News and Fox Business Network are looking for a Senior Editor, Homepage to oversee the programming of the FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com, and the Fox Business app homepages in collaboration with the Managing Editor/Executive Producer, Homepage. In collaboration with them, you will determine the editorial direction of our front pages. You will work with a team of Homepage Editors to confirm story placement and write interesting headlines and kickers for all available spots on the pages. You will use metrics in addition to your own strong editorial judgment and knowledge of current events to showcase all content from every section and Fox News Media overall. You will also have the opportunity to team up with our Photo team in choosing interesting photos and creating custom photo illustrations for our front pages. If you thrive under pressure and are a competitive self-starter who wants to work in a creative and demanding environment, we'd love to talk to you!
You will be offered one of the following shifts: Sun-Thurs, Tues-Sat, OR Mon-Fri 6:30a-2:30p OR 2:30p-10:30p ET. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role. You are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.?
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate closely with the Managing Editor/Executive Producer, Homepage to determine the editorial direction for FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com on a daily basis
• Work with a team of Homepage Editors to write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage
• Ideate a strategy to feature a variety of Editorial content on the homepages, including showcasing content from other corners of Fox News Media
• Use a mix of your strong news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
• Headline test all placements on both homepages
• Create custom photo illustrations and art for the homepages, in collaboration with the Photo team
• Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 6-8 years+ of Digital newsroom experience
• Experience working in a major, fast-paced newsroom
• Knowledge of Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network programming
• Excellent news judgment and knowledge of current events
• The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment is crucial
• A desire to be precise, quick and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.