Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News and Fox Business are looking for a Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor. The Homepage and Social Media Team is responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com and the Fox Business app, as well as Fox News and Fox Business' social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As a Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor, you will determine the editorial direction of the various Fox News Digital platforms in accordance with the guidance of the management team, as well as contribute ideas for the overall strategy of showcasing content. You will manage a team of Homepage and Social Media Editors to confirm story placement, craft headlines, and produce images of all available spots on the platforms. You will use metrics in addition to your own strong editorial judgment and knowledge of current events to showcase content from every section. You will also be engaged in and directing newsgathering by the team. You're a self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role as you are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
You will be offered one of the following shifts (ET):
TUESDAYS - SATURDAYS (6 AM - 2 PM)
TUESDAYS - SATURDAYS (2 PM - 10 PM)
SUNDAYS - THURSDAYS (6 AM - 2 PM)
SUNDAYS - THURSDAYS (2 PM - 10 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate closely with the management team to determine the editorial direction for various platforms daily
• Manage team writing engaging headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage and social media platforms
• Use a mix of news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
• Oversee and headline, image test all placements on both homepages
• Use homepage manager and social media content manager tools
• Coordinate, collaborate, and produce photo illustrations and montages
• Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
• Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters
• Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 6-8+ years of newsroom experience
• Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events
• Knowledge of Fox News Channel & Fox Business programming
• Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
• The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $92,000.00-123,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $76,600.00-102,500.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.