Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Fox News and Fox Business Network are looking for a Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor. Fox News is #1 in engagement on social media among our competition. In this role you will be responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com, and the Fox Business app, as well as Fox News and Fox Business' social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. As a Senior Homepage and Social Media Editor, you will determine the editorial direction of the various Fox News Digital platforms in accordance with the guidance of the management team, as well as contribute ideas for the overall strategy of showcasing content. You will manage a team of Social Media and Homepage Producers to confirm story placement, craft headlines, and produce images of all available spots on the platforms. You will use metrics in addition to your own strong editorial judgment and knowledge of current events to showcase content from every section. You will also be engaged in and directing newsgathering by the team. You're a self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role as you are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
You will be offered one of the following shifts:
TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (6AM-2PM)
TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (2PM-10PM)?
SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (6AM-2PM)
SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (2PM-10PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate closely with the management team to determine the editorial direction for various platforms on a daily basis
• Manage team writing engaging headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage and social media platforms
• Use a mix of news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
• Use homepage manager and social media content manager tools
• Oversee and headline, image test all placements on both homepages
• Coordinate, collaborate, and produce photo illustrations and montages
• Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
• Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters
• Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 6-8+ years of newsroom experience
• Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events
• Knowledge of Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network programming
• Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
• The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.