Senior Editor, Entertainment
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, Entertainment jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Search all Senior Editor, Entertainment postings
Fox News Digital is looking for a Freelance Senior Editor to oversee a full range of entertainment news. You will lead a small team of writers/reporters and an additional editor to create compelling content and report major events as they happen.
You will be responsible for identifying angles and interviews to pursue as news breaks, dispatching crews, and finding opportunities for A-list celebrity interviews. We're looking for a team player who enjoys collaborating with others to bring stories to life on one of the world's most-read news websites.
The shift will be Monday - Friday 9 AM – 5 PM, ET.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work quickly and efficiently to identify, write, edit and publish entertainment and celebrity content
• Write, edit and publish breaking news in a high-pressure environment and make necessary calls to PR, law enforcement, and attorneys on fast-breaking stories
• Pitch and identify events and opportunities to secure A-list celebrity interviews
• Ensure smooth handover is made to the PM Senior Editor and Entertainment team for the next shift
• Coordinate with the Home Page team to deliver a compelling presentation of major entertainment events/news as they happen
• Track analytics and make necessary content adjustments to be sure traffic goals are being met
• Conceive and oversee new, compelling long-form content, including two daily Front Page stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least five years of proven entertainment editing experience, preferably for a major outlet
• Experience using content management systems and social media tools
• Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and entertainment news
• Ability to be flexible with your schedule/hours and will include working on some holidays
• Possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• Adept at managing a team and keeping writers/reporters and editors engaged and productive on tight deadlines
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed, and a smooth handover is made to the next shift
• Experience and ability working across CMS platforms
• Comprehensive knowledge of today's entertainment and celebrity landscape
• Good PR, celebrity, and Entertainment industry contacts are a plus
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $44.24-55.00 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.