Senior Director, Content & Media - Fox Weather
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/11/2021 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Content & Media - Fox Weather jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, Content & Media - Fox Weather postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, Content & Media - Fox Weather? We are looking for a Senior Director, Content & Media to join the FOX Weather team! (Depending on level experience, position may be Director level)
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, the go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Senior Director, Content & Media, you will play a critical role in determining how FOX Weather creates, acquires, curates, and distributes weather content for a digital audience. With your digital-first mindset, you will be a key leader on the FOX Weather content team that is responsible for shaping our content strategy across all platforms. As the Senior Director, Content & Media, you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to help build FOX Weather from the ground up!
This position reports to the President of FOX Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the Head of Programming and Director & Head of Video Optimization to create a comprehensive digital content strategy
• Manage use and continual evolution of the FOX Weather CMS
• Develop, implement, and manage FOX Weather's push alert strategy
• Direct pace and allocation of publishing activities across distribution channels
• Maximize brand awareness, audience engagement, and other important KPIs – adjusting strategy as needed based on results
• Ensure every avenue of newsgathering is leveraged and surfaced on digital platforms, including the very best of user-generated content
• Oversee internal and partner content publishing, ensuring it meets journalistic standards, is on-brand, and is optimized for search
• Partner with internal stakeholders on collaborative efforts, sharing, and cross-promoting digital content
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 10 years of experience in media
• At least 5+ years of experience in weather
• Strong understanding of and proven success managing digital platforms
• Excellent oral and communication skills
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a high-expectations environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.