Senior Booker -- Weather
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2021 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Booker -- Weather jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Booker -- Weather postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Booker -- Weather? We are looking for a Senior Booker to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Senior Booker, you must be able to work swiftly under pressure, especially during breaking weather coverage, as a leader on the team. You have a strong and comprehensive understanding of guests, partners, and agencies that can fresh, useful, and interesting insights with the FOX Weather audience. We are looking for a team player who is an expert in creating and cultivating those relationships, and at the same time mentoring a team of Bookers to do the same. You will be a key partner in our social media strategy and be involved in efforts to source the best user generated content, including potential guests, through these channels. Coverage is subject to change with little to no notice, so applicants must be comfortable working under tight deadlines. The perfect candidate is passionate about weather and understands the important role it plays in the lives of our audience. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest, all for our FOX Weather audience
• Help the team of Bookers craft and strengthen their pitches
• Strategize with colleagues on the best guests and internal partners on bookings
• Book interesting, top-tier guests on a daily basis
• Remain tuned in to the day's top weather stories
• Partner with the newsgathering team to showcase the best stories around the globe
• Lead long-term planning on which future guests to book for expected events, notable days in history, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews and research packets, effectively communicating and understanding a guest's point of view on relative topics
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds
• Act as a key partner in FOX Weather's user-generated content strategy
• Identify strong user-generated content, ensuring the best elements and guests are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage – coach team of Bookers on this process
• Work exceptionally well within a collaborative team environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 5 years of experience in news or news-related production
• Previous booking experience
• Must have a passion for weather
• Strong and proven leadership success
• Desire and ability to mentor Bookers on the team
• Excellent delegator
• An extensive rolodex and the know-how to book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities and people at the center of major weather stories
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Experience in a live control room
• Social media savviness Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.