Researcher / Associate Producer, Hannity
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hannity is looking for a dedicated, creative, and experienced Researcher/Associate Producer to join our team in New York. As a Researcher/Associate Producer, you will pitch stories, help produce segments, assist the monologue writers, assist with field shoots, research critical information for the show, and more. You thrive in a collaborative team environment and have a strong passion for current events and politics.
You will be offered the following shift: Monday through Friday, 2pm-10pm ET.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch segments, story ideas, and guests on a daily basis
• Assist monologue writers with elements and producing segments
• Support bookers during breaking news situations
• Assist segment producers and bookers with relevant research needed for the show
• Build graphics for various segments
• Write banners and teases
• Periodically write introductions, mini-monologues, and monologues
• Help arrange field shoots
• Retrieve, analyze, and confirm news information, facts, statistics, and contacts
• Produce detailed documents on a variety of topics using industry-standard research tools
• Break down and organize complex information into concise research documents
• Segment produce as needed with opportunities for advancement on the show
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• 2-3 years of experience in a research role or television production
• Strong knowledge and passion for research, current events and politics
• Ability to write in clear and concise formats
• Team-player attitude paired with the ability to meet quick deadlines and react to rapid news developments
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments under extreme pressure
• Excellent communication skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-75,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.