FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2022 7:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Production Assistant, Varney & Co
We are looking for an up and coming standout Production Assistant to join the top business show in the country, Varney & Co. The sky is the limit for a quick learner in this fast-paced and competitive industry. You will be an essential team member as you work in various behind-the-scenes areas of the show. You are someone who is innovative, quick on their feet and has excellent news judgment. You are skilled at prioritizing and multitasking various assignments on tight deadlines.
Schedule will vary depending on news; candidate must be able to work flexible shifts.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cut video and sound and produce graphics under deadline pressure
• Interact with high profile talent and book industry-leading guest contributors
• Pitch story ideas and commit to seeing them through from start to finish
• Produce guest segments and reporter hits while coordinating with studio and field crews
• Produce and coordinate content for social media platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• BA in Communications or Journalism
• Great communication skills, positive attitude and dedicated member of the Varney & Co. team
• Strong digital and social media skills
• Experience with cutting video using Ardome
• 1-2 years of live television experience is a plus
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.