Production Assistant, Special Report W/ Bret Baier
Full Time Job
"Special Report with Bret Baier" is looking for an exceptional, self-motivated, and highly organized Production Assistant for our Washington, D.C. Bureau. The Production Assistant is a team player who is immersed in political news, public affairs, and current events. You can recognize good content that has a high potential for provocative, compelling television and can pitch guests who will inform and enlighten our viewers. You have a strong sense of urgency and are capable of working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines throughout the day. The Production Assistant can handle breaking news well-and can deal effectively with last-minute changes while multitasking.
The Production Assistant will be offered the following shift: Monday - Friday, 11 AM - 7 PM, ET.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Locate video and soundbites and receive legal permission by coordinating with the desk and other departments
• Edit video and soundbites for air
• Assist producers in package-producing taped interviews and field pieces
• Catch and prevent visual and factual errors
• Build graphics and lower thirds that help emphasize and enlighten the viewer on the news subject at hand
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
• Internship experience in a television newsroom
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations.
• Familiarity with iNews, Viz, and desktop editing
• Strong communication skills, including writing and copyediting
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.