Production Assistant, Media Production Group
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented Production Assistant to join our Media Production Group. You are a self-starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You can perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
Schedule varies depending on news; candidate must be able to work flexible shifts including overnights, weekends and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Distribute incoming day-of-air graphic orders to graphic artists
• Communicate with producers and artists to ensure daily requests are fulfilled
• Assist graphics production team in finding elements for graphics and animation
• Maintain library of graphic elements
• Anticipate needs for daily graphics based on breaking news, headlines, and editorial planning agenda
• Develop an extensive knowledge of graphics workflow and style rules
• Ensure producers and artists adhere to style guidelines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to react and problem solve quickly in a breaking news setting
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications
• Knowledge of Photoshop, iNews and Vizrt
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.