Production Assistant, Media Desk
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/22/2023 10:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant, Media Desk jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Assistant, Media Desk postings
We are looking for a talented Freelance Production Assistant to join our Media Desk. The Freelance Production Assistant will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills. The Freelance Production Assistant must have a positive attitude and be highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
Please note, depending on department availability this role will work either a full-time or part-time freelance schedule. There is an opportunity for this role to lead into a full-time staff position with company benefits.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
• Provide shot-by-shot logs for video specifically selected for permanent archive.
• Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system.
• Transcribe important speeches as they pertain to breaking news situations.
• Monitor quality control standards with correct video and levels
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications is preferred
• Knowledge of iNews and Dalet Galaxy is a plus
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
#EntryLevel #EarlyCareer #LI-DNI
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.79-18.75 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.