Production Assistant, Media Desk
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a service desk to Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Weather, and many other FOX entities, the Media Desk is looking to hire a Production Assistant to work at our New York headquarters. An ideal candidate for this position should have a solid understanding of the technical aspects in handling digital media. All candidates should have a general understanding and passion for national/international news. A constant sense of urgency is absolutely required in order to keep up in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
Good communication skills and a positive attitude are a must as this position requires working with various departments, show teams, and field teams.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attaching editorial metadata (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
• Providing in-depth shot-logs and video descriptions of footage for air and archive
• Understanding news of the day to recommend the fresh video to field teams/reporters
• Using AI speech technology to provide transcripts of important events
• Monitoring quality control standards for video with correct video and levels
• Understanding of digital media, file formats, web/streaming video, social media, Skype, etc
• Basic desktop straight-cuts editing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism, or Communications is preferred
• Knowledge of Avid iNews and Dalet Galaxy is a plus
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.