Production Assistant, Media Desk
FoxNew York, NY
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Media Desk . You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
*Please note there is an opportunity for this role to lead into a full-time staff position with company benefits.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
• Provide shot-by-shot logs for video specifically selected for permanent archive.
• Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system.
• Transcribe important speeches as it pertains to breaking news situations.
• Monitor quality control standards with correct video and levels
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications is preferred
• Knowledge of iNews and Dalet Galaxy is a plus
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays