Production Assistant, Fox Weather Rotational Program
FoxNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Production Assistant to be part of a one-year Rotational Program with the FOX Weather Programming team. If your dream is to be a producer and you are interested in gathering more experience in this industry, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Freelance Production Assistants will rotate among morning/weekend, midday, and primetime programming teams, immersing themselves in different dayparts, each with its own unique strategy and feel. This is an incredible opportunity to learn about all aspects of programming over the course of one year!
As a Freelance Production Assistant, you have great communication skills, love to learn, and are an A+ team player. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy collaborating with a team, and are eager to advance within the company.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories daily with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
• Provide support to the production team as they build segments, manage breaking news, and work on long-term projects
• Find the best sound bites, video and graphics for the most informative and compelling segments
• Write banners, cut video, and on the rare occasion, book guests all while quickly responding to breaking weather news
• Quickly identify strong user-generated content from multiple sources, ensuring the best elements are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
• Work in coordination with Associate Producers, Producers, and Senior Producers
• Find the best sound bites, video, live cameras and graphics for the most informative and compelling segments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• Prior internship or job experience in a related field
• Must have a passion for the weather - weather experience a plus
• Willing and able to work under tight deadlines while juggling several tasks at once
• Social media savviness
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
#EntryLevel #EarlyCareer #LI-KC1
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.79-18.75 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Weather
FOX Weather is a 24/7 ad-supported streaming service operated by FOX News Media. Launched in October 2021, the platform builds upon FOX News Channel's expansive newsgathering units & FOX Television Stations' added resources with a combined 120 meteorologists for a comprehensive suite of weather products featuring local, regional and national reporting, in addition to live programming. Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar, and more than 100,000 HD cameras located around the country, the service offers users an innovative approach to forecasting, including coverage surrounding all weather patterns, from immediate to long-term. FOX Weather is available via foxweather.com, the FOX Weather app on IOS and Android devices, as well as Tubi, Apple TV, Amazon, and Roku, through FOX's Connected TV Apps.