Production Assistant, Fox News Radio
FoxNew York, NY
We are looking for a talented Freelance Production Assistant to join our Fox News Radio team. The Freelance Production Assistant will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. The Freelance Production Assistant will have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
Schedule varies depending on news; candidate must be able to work flexible shifts including overnights, weekends and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Select and edit audio clips in a fast- paced environment
• Write scripts to accompany audio clips
• Edit and process correspondent reports for timing purposes
• Work with editors
• Conduct interviews for radio segments
• Work with anchors to load audio into hourly rundowns
• Coordinate reporter booking times for affiliate stations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Prior internship experience in radio, television or online journalism
• Understanding of the technical and editorial functions of radio and multi-media production
• Demonstrated knowledge of current events
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications
• Basic knowledge of iNews, ENCO and Adobe Audition
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.79-18.75 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.