Production Assistant, Fox Nation
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News Media is seeking a dynamic and hardworking Production Assistant to join Fox Nation! As the Production Assistant, you will work with a production team on all aspects of long-form documentary-style production, from concept to completion. You will assist with research as you compile elements that create compelling stories. You will also assist with the production of our live streams and events in and outside the control room,
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with story research, scriptwriting, field shoots, obtaining archival video, and managing rights and clearances
• Screen, transcribe and log footage as well as manage media from field productions
• Work alongside other departments throughout Fox such as legal, finance, graphics, and field production
• Book and pre-interview guests
• Partner with video editors to locate footage and elements to turn written scripts into finished productions
• Interface with talent when needed
• Arrange talent travel and logistics for shoots across the country
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• Flexibility to travel and/or work long hours and weekends when required
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced creative environment
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressures
• Strong writing and storytelling skills with the ability to write, edit and review written content
• Excellent organizational skills
• Positive attitude and team player spirit
• Experience with live streaming/TV programming is a plus!
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.48-25.00 per hour for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.