This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2021 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer?
Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to fill a Freelance Producer position in our Washington D.C Bureau. The Freelance Producer will be responsible for working with reporters to set up interviews, obtain information, write scripts, build graphics and deliver compelling live shots and packages.
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Finds elements, logs events, and identifies news developments
• Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on Washington based and political stories
• Works with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
• Monitors wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Builds graphics, chyrons, and lower thirds for story delivery
• Pitches story ideas
• Works with editors to make sure we deliver visually compelling stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• 5 years of experience in a local or national newsroom.
• Experience with producing news live shots and packages
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
NICE TO HAVE:
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, and ScheduAll a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Must be flexible with your schedule and willing to work both weekdays and weekends
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.