FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Kennedy team is looking for a dynamic, creative, ambitious self-starter to join us as a Producer. As a Producer, you are well-organized, curious, and have strong editorial skills, as well as the ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines. Your duties include daily story-pitching, scriptwriting, segment producing, MOS package planning, shooting, and editing. Field producing and/or control room experience is a plus.
You will be offered the following shifts: MONDAYS - THURSDAYS (12:00 PM -9:00 PM), FRIDAYS (10:00 AM-6:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify News, select video, sound bites, and graphics, oversee editing, conduct interviews, and write stories for television
• Pitch stories daily
• Write scripts, produce guest segments, live shots, and packages, with occasional field producing
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a wide range of topics
• Occasionally field produce with the ability to shoot, write and edit packages for air
• Work with other departments throughout Fox such as legal, finance, graphics, and field production
• Think creatively and develop new and interesting approaches to storytelling
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of experience in News, TV, or web
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong editorial judgment and a commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Extensive knowledge of news and current events, politics, entertainment, business, economics
• Ability to work under pressure in a breaking news environment
• Social media savvy
• Experience with live television production
• A self-starter attitude paired with the ability to work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, and VIZ systems is a plus
• Strong communications skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.