Pro Tools Designer
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/4/2022 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Pro Tools Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Pro Tools Designer postings
FOX News Media is looking for a Freelance Pro Tools Designer to join their team in New York, NY. As the Freelance Pro Tools Designer, you will be responsible for supporting the audio needs for both Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, Fox Nation, and Fox Weather – including the editorial staff and the graphics department. This is a fill-in position for vacation and sick coverage. You must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced news environment where multi-tasking is a must.
A portfolio of sound design reel or links must be submitted for consideration.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support graphics department with sound design, music selection, and ProTools editing and mixing for all animations including all show material, segments, network IDs, and specials
• Ability to find music for shows and segments
• Ability to add sound effects to animations
• Maintain contracted music libraries
• Consultation for and dissemination of library music to production staff and graphics department
• Interface with control rooms including operations, transfer of audio, and maintenance of the DAD ENCO system
• Track all music use for submission to publishing agencies (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, etc.) though SoundMouse including supervision of directors and production staff with regard to proper and timely creation and submission of cue sheets for all music played on air
• Understand and maintain all associated computer networks with regard to transfer, playout, and use of music
• Provide support for production staff and editors for use of music and sound design in all edited pre-tape packages
• Fox Publishing with regards to all music use, reporting, and acquisition issues
• Enforce the FCC's CALM Act and monitor commercial volume using LKFS metering
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Ability to work quickly within Pro Tools
• Knowledge of SoundMouse
• Both Mac/PC proficiency
• Team player – an absolute must!
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that allows for last-minute availability including potential unscheduled overtime as dictated by breaking news or other production needs
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.