Post-Production Scheduler / Coordinator
FoxLos Angeles, CA
FOX Sports is looking for a Freelance Post-Production Scheduler/Coordinator. This position will provide schedule planning and logistical support for all FOX Sports shows/productions at the Pico lot, including FBC & FS1 Sports Production, Sports On Air Promos, Creative Services, Live Show Edit/Playback, Post Ops, and many remote productions. The individual will schedule over 200 daily hires from two different unions, over 50 post-production/broadcast rooms and 100+ workstations. It will be very important to maintain clarity of information and clear channels of communication between internal/external teams.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create schedules based on show requirements
• Work with management and show productions to optimize workflow, planning, support, etc. for all crews for all shows
• Communicate union personnel schedules and availability to different shows
• Communicate any schedule/show changes to all relevant parties
• Liaise between show producers and union personnel
• Immediately address shift changes when union daily hires call out or run late, and/or last-minute coverage based on show requests
• Interact with daily hires and show producers on operational needs/concerns
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Some experience in a post-production environment
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with all levels of people is essential
• Capability to handle multiple requests from multiple shows
• Proficiency in office collaborative tools Google Workspace, and MS Office
• Ability to work in a dynamic, demanding Post-Production and live TV Broadcast operation, with a solid understanding of the entertainment industry
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a stressful environment while maintaining a positive attitude
• Must be willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Degree in TV Production, Broadcasting, Communications, Engineering or Business Administration
• Post-Production experience in a Broadcast, Studio or Post House environment
• Knowledge of media workflows
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.