Part-Time Production Assistant, Highlights
FoxLos Angeles, CA
The FOX Sports Highlights Department is looking for a Part-time Freelance Production Assistant to join our Los Angeles team. Our Sports Highlights department is responsible for creating content for downstream clients/production teams. They also edit packages across multiple core sports for an array of studio and remote programs and destinations (including FOX NFL Sunday, MLB & College Football Studio Shows, Deportes, Sports News Edge, etc.)
As a Part-time Freelance Production Assistant, you will assist in the production of live and taped shows by ensuring a robust library of content is accompanied by accurate metadata in our MAM.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize applicable editing and media systems to log live sporting events and write talent scripts correlating to sports Highlights
• Organize, clip, and tag footage (Melts, Ground Reels, Week in Reviews, etc.) in both Quantel and Dalet libraries
• Communicate with production teams to determine daily highlight requirements
• Collaborate with Regional Coordinators to ensure highlights are fed to the regions in a timely manner
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A minimum of 1 year experience working and/or interning in production, operations or applicable comparable experience
• Passion and knowledge of a variety of sports
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• An understanding of video editing, storage, networking, and transmissions
• Ability to work effectively under tight deadline pressures
• Willingness and flexibility to work evenings and weekends
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $18.00-18.00 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.