News Field Producer, NY Bureau
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2023 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for News Field Producer, NY Bureau jobs in New York-NY
Search all News Field Producer, NY Bureau postings
Full Time Job
Fox News is looking for an experienced Field Producer to join our team in New York. The Field Producer is a news junkie who has innate curiosity, dogged newsgathering skills, and strong contacts. You will use your skills to enhance the network's newsgathering and produce exceptional journalism. You will also use your editorial skills to follow leads, break news, and pitch original stories with high potential for compelling television. The Field Producer is a proactive, passionate, and self-motivated individual who will collaborate with our producers and reporters to advance the network's coverage on all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch and develop original content for television and digital
• Build contacts and develop unique sources to break news
• Dig into and develop storylines that others are not already exploring
• Enterprise investigative stories
• Assist reporters in gathering elements for television and online coverage
• Cover news events, provide editorial guidance and conduct interviews in the region or anywhere the news takes you
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 5+ years of field producing experience in a broadcast, print, or digital work environment
• Exceptional editorial judgment
• Strong local contacts
• A passion for current events
• A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis; especially in breaking news situations
• Ability and willingness to respond to breaking news at a moment's notice, travel domestically or internationally and remain on location for as long as needed to cover the story
• Strong communication, research, and writing skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $82,000.00-99,999.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.