News Editor / Producer, News Radio
FoxNew York, NY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Freelance Producer/News Editor to supervise the staff for our network radio news operation s ( terrestrial and Fox News Headlines 24/7 - Channel 115 on SiriusXM Radio). As the Freelance Producer/News Editor you are our editorial leader, working with news anchors to craft the content and structure of a 24/7 news operation. This is fast-moving news environment! Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven newsroom allows you to deliver top-quality segments/newscasts. You excel at multi-tasking and pay close attention to details. Your writing and editing skills are excellent and your editorial judgment is first-rate.
Shifts: Weekend mornings, afternoons, overnights – plus opportunities to fill in during weekday shifts.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Format, program, coordinate, and produce a live news program
• Produce segments and reporter hits
• Manage and maintain clear communication with Reporters, Editors, Assignment desk and Anchors
• Keep newscast updated by working on developing stories as the day progresses
• Handle staffing issues when managers are not present
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3-5 years of experience editing all-news radio or producing live breaking news in a television control room
• Highly skilled in writing and copy-editing
• Ability to handle breaking news situations
• Strong editorial judgment is a must
• Ability to interact with high-profile talent
• A positive attitude and great communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• Knowledge of iNews, ENCO and Adobe Audition (Cool-Edit) a major plus
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $31.25-37.50 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News Media, FOX Sports, FOX Entertainment, FOX Television Stations and Tubi Media Group. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.