FoxLos Angeles, CA
Fox Sports is looking for a Part-time Freelance Media Technician who has knowledge and hands-on experience in broadcast processes, systems, and operations. As the Part-time Freelance Media Technician, you are available to work 24/7 in shifts. Under general supervision, you will be responsible for all LTO requests made by Fox. This includes inserting and externalizing LTO tapes from the Quantum/Stornext environment, shelving and organizing tapes, as well as alerting management when stock is needed. You will also monitor the Media Asset Management systems to ensure restores are successful and tag media as necessary.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfill LTO media and metadata needs for several internal and external stakeholders such as production, post-production, broadcast operations media asset management systems, as well as at the media service desk, phone, or email
• Process requests through media management systems and tag metadata when required
• Complete client requests on time, as well as tasks that are assigned in iNews
• Receive deliveries of tapes and notify stakeholders of receipt
• Communicate with Production, Post Production, and the Assignment Desk to ensure all workflows are properly executed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-2 years digital media experience
• Strong organizational skills, customer services skills, and the ability to work effectively under daily time constraints in a fast-paced and high-pressure work environment
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, and aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
• MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Slack Knowledge of media asset management systems and LTO workflows
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Available to work weekends and holidays
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.