Managing Editor, Politics
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2022 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Managing Editor, Politics jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Search all Managing Editor, Politics postings
Full Time Job
Fox News Digital is looking for a Managing Editor, Politics to join our team in leading our political coverage across FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. We're looking for someone who has a proven track record in Political journalism at a major media outlet in Digital or TV. You can lead Political coverage in a fast-paced newsroom with the skills to handle both the breaking day-to-day news as well as long term coverage planning with ease. You have overseen a large team of reporters & editors and are an excellent editor, who is willing to jump in and edit when needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee Political coverage for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com, ensuring all stories are produced efficiently on deadline with extreme accuracy in all reporting
• Manage a team of Politics Reporters & Editors and their assignment/pitch processes
• Work and collaborate closely with the Editor in Chief and other Managing Editors on content coverage and planning in the Politics & News verticals
• Act as the Digital team's liaison in DC bureau with Channel Politics team and Channel correspondents
• Deliver on KPI goals for the Politics section
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 7 years of experience in Digital or TV Media covering a wide range of local, national, international & Political stories
• At least 5 years of managerial experience overseeing a team of Reporters & Editors
• Prior experience as Managing Editor or Editor in Chief in a major newsroom
• Experience using content management systems and social media tools
• Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed, and a smooth handover is made to the next shift
• Adept at managing a large team and keeping editors and reporters engaged and productive on tight deadlines
• Possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• Excellent track record of achieving results related to growth
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, please find the compensation range specific to this role if based in Colorado, as well as a description of bonus and benefits generally: Colorado pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skill, experience, and geography: $163,500 - $218,500 annually. Employees in this role are also eligible for various benefits, including: medical/dental/vision benefits, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.