Manager, Standards & Practices
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/2/2021 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Standards & Practices jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Standards & Practices postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Standards & Practices?
Full Time Job
Our Broadcast Standards team is looking for a Manager of Standards & Practices. This is a visible role where you will interface and negotiate regularly with Advertisers, as well as Internal Sales, Marketing, Program Services and Operations executives to conduct the careful review of advertising, on-air promos and other marketing materials in accordance with FCC and FTC regulations and network guidelines.
You will also operate the Broadcast Interrupt Button during the coverage of live entertainment programming, live specials and sports programming, including on weekends and holidays. You may be required to attend on-location tapings and productions at local studios. You will perform duties in English and Spanish and under the supervision of the Vice President, Broadcast Standards, Commercial Clearance and other more senior Broadcast Standards executives.
We are open to Associate or Manager title based on the experience of the candidate, however the position managing the "Button" must be in Los Angeles and candidate must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review assigned commercial categories by evaluating scripts, storyboards, rough-cuts, and final cuts
• Provide support and guidance to clients seeking status on submitted materials
• Determine acceptability and placement of marketing materials for on-air, Video on Demand and online use according to FCC and FTC regulations and network brand considerations
• Judge and determine acceptability and placement of promo and advertising content; effectively communicate and negotiate any necessary edits or concerns to internal and external entities, including marketing department personnel and promo producers
• Oversee and manage Commercial Clearance Assistant and Associate by providing guidance and training in the use of database and systems, maintaining ''Best Practices'' handbook, and assigning reports and projects as needed
• Operate the Broadcast Interrupt Button during the coverage of live entertainment programming, live specials and sports programming, including on weekends and holidays (if based in Los Angeles)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3-5 years of work experience in entertainment, legal, programming, production, clearance and/or S&P
• Spanish fluency
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with various internal departments, colleagues, managers, producers, and advertisers
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to problem-solve and apply standards, distinguishing them from personal beliefs
• Computer savvy and possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, and web browsing
• Possess sound judgment on when to elevate questions to managers
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.