Manager, Standards & Practices
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/5/2021 12:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Standards & Practices jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Standards & Practices postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Standards & Practices? Our Broadcast Standards team is looking for a Manager of Standards & Practices. This is a visible role where you will interface and negotiate regularly with Advertisers, as well as Internal Sales, Marketing, Program Services and Operations executives to conduct the careful review of advertising, on-air promos and other marketing materials in accordance with FCC and FTC regulations and network guidelines.
You will also operate the Broadcast Interrupt Button during the coverage of live entertainment programming, live specials and sports programming, including on weekends and holidays. You may be required to attend on-location tapings and productions at local studios. You will perform duties in English and Spanish and under the supervision of the Vice President, Broadcast Standards, Commercial Clearance and other more senior Broadcast Standards executives.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review assigned commercial categories by evaluating scripts, storyboards, rough-cuts, and final cuts
• Provide support and guidance to clients seeking status on submitted materials
• Determine acceptability and placement of marketing materials for on-air, Video on Demand and online use according to FCC and FTC regulations and network brand considerations
• Judge and determine acceptability and placement of promo and advertising content; effectively communicate and negotiate any necessary edits or concerns to internal and external entities, including marketing department personnel and promo producers
• Oversee and manage Commecial Clearnance Assistant and Associate by providing guidance and training in the use of database and systems, maintaining ''Best Practices'' handbook, and assigning reports and projects as needed
• Operate the Broadcast Interrupt Button during the coverage of live entertainment programming, live specials and sports programming, including on weekends and holidays
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years of work experience in entertainment, legal, programming, production, clearance and/or S&P
• Spanish fluency
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with various internal departments, colleagues, managers, producers, and advertisers
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to problem-solve and apply standards independently and distinguish them from personal beliefs
• Computer savvy and possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, and web browsing
• Possess sound judgment on when to elevate questions to managers
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.