FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2021 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Mail Clerk jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Mail Clerk postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Mail Clerk? From providing excellent customer service during mail runs to coordinating special messenger services and deliveries, we are seeking a Mail Clerk to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. As our Mail Clerk, you will be responsible for the deliveries of large quantities of mail, packages, gifts, interoffice mail, newspapers, magazines and various items received from the US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, other parcel companies and couriers. In addition, you will assist with the preparation and shipment of freight shipments and international mailings, including overseeing all documentation requirements, and will prepare daily and month reports as needed. If you have prior mail services experience, can provide excellent customer service and meticulous attention to detail, we are looking for you!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide excellent customer service during regular scheduled mail runs, special pick-ups and deliveries to the Fox Studio Lot, Fox Plaza & FAB
• Receive, sort and deliver all mail and packages according to established time frames and service standards
• Coordinate messenger services and deliveries
• Answer telephone and in person inquiries
• Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to, ordering supplies, placing service calls for equipment, filing, record keeping and photocopying
• Provide an outstanding customer service experience by finding solutions that meet customer mailing and shipping needs
• Prepare and ship freight shipments, domestic and international mailings, confirm all documentation requirements
• Process incoming and/or outgoing USPS, UPS, DHL and FedEx packages utilizing postage meters, scales, presort mail, certified mail etc.
• Enter recipient and sender info into the appropriate shipping system using USPS, UPS, DHL and FedEx etc.
• Affix postage and shipping labels to outgoing mail and shipments, maintain records on postage and shipments
• Ensure shipments and mailings go out on time daily
• Track inbound and outbound shipments using various software applications e.g. USPS, UPS, DHL etc.
• Maintain accountability using an internal package tracking system on shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving customer signatures for received packages
• Organize and maintain mail, packages and various parcels etc. for delivery and shipment, ensure that all items can be quickly retrieved
• Visually inspect mail, envelopes, packages and other items for damage, notifying Supervisor as needed
• Prepare daily and monthly reports as needed
• Assist with assembling general mailings or projects including but not limited to: photocopying, document scanning, folding, stuffing, stapling, addressing and metering
• Perform other duties as needed including coverage for other Admin Services departments or job functions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Prior experience in Mail Services or Shipping and Receiving
• Ability to follow standardized operating procedures
• Ability to repetitively reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping; moving through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces, over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps; walking up and down stairs, service ramps and using elevators
• Ability to repetitively lift, carry, pull, push and transport up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand, walk and sit as required to perform all job functions
• Ability to operate PCs, handheld devices, mailing and shipping equipment/software (scales, meter machines, etc.)
• Strong sense of confidentiality for company and customer information, data and materials
• Dependable/reliable with excellent attendance record
• Valid California driver's license (without restrictions)
• Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding startup environment
• A team player, with the ability to work well with others in a group environment
• Ability to train across multiple job functions
• Ability to work overtime with short notice
• Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
• Proficient operating all equipment and all mailing and shipping platforms
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a working knowledge of all USPS, UPS, DHL and FedEx regulations
• Adherence to all departmental and company, safety and security policies and procedures, and to report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries
• A polite and friendly attitude with the ability to work with all co-workers, staff and customers, performing all duties in a professional, positive manner with a can-do attitude
• Thorough and precise when performing all Mail Clerk duties
• Ability to manage a high volume of work by balancing priorities effectively amongst a variety of diverse tasks This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.