Live Production Engineer - Nabet 53
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FOX Sports is looking for a Live Production Engineer to join the team in Los Angeles. As the Live Production Engineer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of Live Production and post-production equipment in both on-air and off-air television environments supporting Fox Sports. You will also be responsible for documenting necessary changes to the production environment as well as reporting daily tasks in a ticketing/trouble logging system. Additionally, Engineers are required to perform emergency & preventative maintenance on all systems and to train fellow engineers or operators as needed.
This position will be filled as a NABET 53 Union representative and will require an open flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of live production workflow dealing with production switchers, audio consoles, intercom systems, wireless audio, server-based playout, graphics generators
• Understanding an on-air Sports environment and can maintain & troubleshoot issues with advanced TV Studio Production equipment
• Has the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas
• Provide written and verbal reports or instructions to peers, management, and clients
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Knowledge of SDVN
• Experience with Sony Switchers, Grass Valley Switchers, Calrec Audio Consoles Riedel intercom, EVS replay, Evertz Routing systems
• Setting up 1080p & 4K Production Workflows
• Five years' experience as a Maintenance Engineer in live television environment
• Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
• Professional level IT skillset to include a well-rounded networking, software, and Linux/Windows operating system knowledge base
• Experience with Mac and PC, possess skills related to file-based workflows, including knowledge of video codecs, audio codecs, transcoding, file movement, etc.
• Ability to identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors and audio distortion analyzers
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• College degree in Engineering, Broadcast, or IT
• Cisco Networking Certification coursework
• Rudimentary knowledge of IP routing and switches
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $44.00-59.00 per hour for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.