Line Producer - Fox Weather
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FOX Weather is a 24/7 ad-supported streaming service operated by FOX News Media. Launching in October 2021, the platform builds upon FOX News Channel's expansive newsgathering units & FOX Television Stations' added resources with a combined 120 meteorologists for a comprehensive suite of weather products featuring local, regional and national reporting, in addition to live programming. Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar, and more than 100,000 HD cameras located around the country, the service offers users an innovative approach to forecasting, including coverage surrounding all weather patterns, from immediate to long-term. FOX Weather is available via foxweather.com, the FOX Weather app on IOS and Android devices, as well as Tubi, Apple TV, Amazon, and Roku, through FOX's Connected TV Apps.
We are looking for a Line Producer to join the FOX Weather team!
As the Line Producer, you have the opportunity to help craft inaugural FOX Weather programming. You will strategically work in partnership with our show team leadership and on-air meteorologists to create the most compelling content for the FOX Weather audience. You are a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who can rise to the occasion under the stressful demands covering critical weather news. You have excellent judgment and make smart decisions in real-time.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
• Time the show in the control room and communicate effectively with on-air meteorologists, reporters and guests in the field, other team members, and the director to ensure the newscast runs as smoothly as possible
• Flawlessly pivot during breaking weather news to work in real-time with other show team members and newsgathering resources to provide critical coverage for the audience
• Manage story placement, teases, graphics, writing, and all other production elements
• Play a key part in short and long-term content planning
• Help mentor and train new staff members
• Select live segments and previously produced content for placement in programming that supplements the live Fox Weather stream, and manage rundown of supplemental blocks
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 5 years of production experience, including 2-3 years of line producing and relevant control room experience
• Must have a passion for weather - weather experience
• Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, detail-oriented , and meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Degree in Journalism or related field