FoxNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Lighting Technician to join our New York Bureau! As the Freelance Lighting Technician, you create and maintain lighting effects and cues for Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network programming and production. The Freelance Lighting Technician will have daily and project-based assignments and work directly with Studio Operations Supervisors, Lead Stage Technicians, Directors, Producers, and other studio crew. You are creative and have an interest in the news and entertainment industry.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support and assist Lighting Director and Stage Tech leads
• Stagehand, rigging, light board operation and programming, special effects, location setups, etc.
• Ladder work
• Set maintenance and repair
• Prop and storage coordination, organization, and maintenance
• Prep, hang, and maintain support and storage facilities
• Operate specialty equipment (bucket & scissor lifts)
• Understand and implement backup protocol when necessary
• Assess, advise and assist with proper stage, scenic and lighting set-ups
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-3 years of lighting/stagehand experience
• Understanding of ETC lighting consoles (programming, patching)
• Willingness to work overtime and additional shifts to meet the demands of breaking news, programming, and production, specialty scenic or light calls, and/or shift coverage
• Knowledge of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs
• Knowledge of electrical systems, lighting effects, and electronics
• Familiarity with trade and power tools
• Carpentry skills
• Understanding of the importance of health and safety procedures
• Flexibility working under the pressures of live programming and time constraints
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, and work with heavy grip gear for extended periods of time
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $31.49-39.66 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.