Information Graphics Writer
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Information Graphics Writer to join our team. As the Information Graphics Writer, you will work with researchers and producers to write and insert lower thirds and information-oriented graphics. You will work closely with our research team. You have strong knowledge of current events paired with a keen interest in politics and public affairs. As a member of our team, you are willing to work a flexible schedule, including regular weekend hours. This is an opportunity to have your work product receive national exposure on a daily basis.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research daily news stories
• Locate and write up compelling information in a succinct, factual, and balanced format
• Write press conference quotes for daytime programming
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1 year of experience or strong internship experience in a professional live news environment
• Very strong writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A detail-oriented mindset, and proficiency in spelling, grammar, and syntax
• Ability to write in a concise, conversational, and colorful style at an extremely fast pace
• Strong knowledge of current events, a deep interest in politics & public affairs, and solid news judgment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and work well in teams
NICE TO HAVE
• Knowledge of iNews and Viz
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.