Health Editor, News Digital
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
FOX News Media is seeking an ambitious editor to manage a high volume of daily original, breaking, trending, and SEO-friendly health and wellness content. As the Health Editor, you will assign, write, produce and edit reports for FoxNews.com and foxbusiness.com, managing writers and utilizing a wide range of sources and tools to ensure Fox News Digital dominates coverage of health and wellness topics.
You will be offered the following shift: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (8:00 am-4:00 pm)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assign, write, produce and edit health news of the day and original reporting
• Use available tools to determine trending and search-engine-friendly content
• Manage a team of health writers and reporters, including stringers
• Stay on top of trending health news and keep an eye on the competition to ensure our content remains out front
• Recognize and focus on the topics that are of interest to our audience
• Think out-of-the-box to help the section gain ownership of a topic or news story
• Maintain the Fox News Digital voice while reporting and editing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 5 years' professional experience in a news environment
• Knowledge of standard AP style as well as staying up-to-date on Fox News Digital's style
• Ability to break down medical jargon for readers in an accurate way to ensure content is understandable
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld and important topics are covered thoroughly
• Flexible hours, including flexibility to work on some holidays
• An ''on-call'' mentality, being prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• A passion for the health and wellness category and the ability to change tasks quickly depending on the news cycle
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL-BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.