Head Of Content and Editorial - Outkick
FoxHome Office, TN
Full Time Job
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com .
Fox is seeking a Head of Content and Editorial to lead OutKick. As the Head of Content and Editorial, you will be responsible for developing OutKick's content strategy that delivers relevant and engaging sports, entertainment, and news stories for a loyal and passionate audience. The Content leader will be responsible for elevating our competitive differentiation by delivering timely content related to sports and pop culture that is smart, funny, and authentic that continues to grow the audience and engagement for OutKick. The Head of Content and Editorial will manage the editorial teams, content delivery process, and work cross-functionally with the product, marketing, and sales teams to deliver the mission of OutKick.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop OutKick's content strategy that delivers on the mission of OutKick
• Lead the editorial team by creating an editorial center of excellence that delivers relevant, timely, and engaging content for OutKick's audience
• Create efficient editorial processes and best practices that scale the delivery of video, written, and audio content
• Enlist and manage the best journalists, podcasters, and videocasters to deliver daily content that is smart, funny, and authentic
• Guide the creation of a storytelling product and tooling suite that elevates our editorial leadership and enhances a user's experience and understanding
• Plan content packaging for tent-pole moments and always-on user activation, working to fine-tune, execute and measure performance
• Create strategies that leverage social, PR/comms, and influencers to maximize reach
• Identify, attract and grow talent that resonates with younger audiences
• Build social strategy on key platforms to grow audience reach, and allow the brand to participate in conversations where they organically take place
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 10+ years of relevant experience in leading editorial teams for consumer-facing sports, entertainment, and/or news brand
• Must have Digital/Social/Search experience
• Proven understanding of SEO and product development lifecycles
• Experience building products and strategies for large-scale sports, entertainment, and/or news brands
• Superior written and verbal communications skills, effective delegation, and a demonstrated ability to scale content networks
• Demonstrated application of combining research, competitive assessments, product analytics, and other intelligence to make disciplined decisions based on analysis and expertise
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.