Field Technician, Tucker Carlson Originals
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Field Technician to join the Tucker Carlson Originals Team at Fox News Media. As a Field Technician, you would play a central role in shooting and editing short-form documentaries for Tucker's unit. This position works closely with other field photographers, producers, and high-level talent. You will be dedicated to the Tucker Carlson unit within Fox News Media and work on high-level projects. There is an emphasis on achieving the highest production value, and you should have an eye for bringing cinematic filming and editing to each project you are assigned.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform cinematic field photography, often in the field
• Edit full documentaries with input from writers and producers
• Set up a single camera and multiple cameras
• Set up audio for single and multiple cameras
• Set up lighting for long formats and some newsgathering
• Safely drive company-owned and rental vehicles
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of three (3) years shooting, editing, or documentary experience
• Flexibility and preparedness to travel, often on short notice, across the country and internationally; ideally to live near a major international airport and prepared to spend a significant time traveling
• Experience with video photography and non-linear video editing. Strong preference for candidates who have experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with photographers, field producers, and reporters/hosts
• Ability to mix and route audio for multiple camera shoots
• Ability to multi-task in the field
• Ability to work a nonstandard work schedule, including overtime and weekends
• Flexibility to book last minute travel for breaking news
• Ability to be comfortable working with major TV talent, world leaders, celebrities, and in potentially volatile, breaking news environments
• Must have a clean driving record
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.