Full Time Job
Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to be a Field Producer in our Washington D.C Bureau. The Field Producer will be responsible for working with reporters to set up interviews, obtain information, write scripts, build graphics and deliver compelling live shots and packages. You must be willing to ask the tough questions, get the latest elements into a story and move content forward. Aggressively seeking out additional information and pitching stories is critical to success in this position. A natural curiosity of news is a must.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, log events, and identify news developments
• Familiar with daily developments on Washington-based political stories
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
• Deploys in the field when needed to newsgather and field produce live shots
• Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Build graphics, chyrons and lower thirds for story delivery
• Pitch story ideas
• Work with editors to deliver visually compelling stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• Experience producing news live shots and packages both in house and in the field
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with various D.C. government agencies
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, Dalet is a plus
• Must be flexible with your schedule, willing to travel, and work both weekdays and weekends
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.