FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
Fox News is looking for a Field Producer to work in the Los Angeles Bureau. As a Field Producer, you will cover major stories including breaking news, initiative stories, and special events.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing reporter liveshots and pkgs on location and in the LA Bureau
• Traveling domestically and internationally to cover breaking news, often at the last minute for extended periods of time
• Pitching and developing original story ideas
• Newsgathering logistics, booking travel, assigning field crews.
• Responsible for coordinating all aspects of production, including booking, writing, ordering graphics and producing both taped segments and live shots
• Candidate needs to demonstrate, through past experience, strong communication skills to work with correspondent and photographers in the field
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years' experience as a reporter, writer, producer and/or editor at a news organization
• Extensive field production experience
• Strong writing skills
• Extensive experience in edit room
• Production experience in breaking news, and feature reporting
• Ability to shoot video and operate LiveU
• Willingness to travel and work long hours, including weekends with short notice
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Proficiency in Spanish preferred
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.