Field Producer / Weekend Manager
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/3/2021 12:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Field Producer / Weekend Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Field Producer / Weekend Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Field Producer / Weekend Manager? Fox News is looking for an experienced Field Producer/Weekend Manager to join their team in New York, NY. As the Field Producer/Weekend Manager, you are a news junkie with innate curiosity, dogged newsgathering skills, and strong contacts you will use to enhance the network's newsgathering and produce exceptional journalism. You will manage our weekend bureau coverage including pitching original stories with high potential for compelling television, planning weekend reporter coverage, producing reporter live shots, staying on top of all developing stories in our region, and identifying and planning ahead for additional bureau coverage needed for the following week.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, passionate, and self-motivated individual who will collaborate with our producers and reporters to advance the network's coverage on all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage, plan, and oversee weekend bureau coverage
• Pitch and develop original content for television and digital
• Build contacts and develop unique sources to break news
• Dig into and develop storylines that others are not already exploring
• Enterprise investigative stories
• Assist reporters in gathering elements for television and online coverage
• Produce reporter live shots and packages
• Cover news events, providing editorial guidance, conducting interviews, and shooting video
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 5+ years of field producing experience in a broadcast, print, or digital work environment
• Exceptional editorial judgment
• Strong local contacts
• A passion for current events
• A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis; especially in breaking news situations
• Ability and willingness to respond to breaking news at a moment's notice, travel domestically or internationally, and remain on location for as long as needed to cover the story
• Strong communication, research, and writing skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.